Thursday, January 15, 2009

What I Do and Don't Love About Technology

I love that technology is a creative, brain challenging outlet for me. There are never-ending ways to be creative and challenged. I get great satisfaction when I am able to solve a problem. I enjoy how easy it can be to share a photo with a friend, but get very frustrated when I'm told that the photo(s) are too big to send.

I don't love that some tasks that should be simple can take for HOURS to figure out, and that on-line manuals never work as well as I think they should. The "HELP" buttons should always lead to user-friendly help. I get frustrated when I'm on hold for long periods of time, even when I still have "tech support" for my hard or software.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your input on this. You are not alone in the negative side. How nice would it be to have true and available support when you run into difficulty using the tech. Great to have you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the time to "knock around" and explore technology is a challenge for all of us. Oh how the hours can pass sometimes....!

    ReplyDelete